The purpose of this position is to maximize the learning
opportunities that come from having a biodiesel production site at CCAT.
- Developing and Maintaining Safety Measures: Before any reactions can take place, we must
be sure that we are adequately meeting basic safety requirements. These include safe storage of methanol and
finished biodiesel; adequate protective gear (gloves and goggles) while
reacting, mixing, or pouring; and the installation of an emergency eye-washing
station. Other measures may be
- Monthly Workshops:
A goal for the biodiesel technicians should be to schedule and lead a
biodiesel workshop once each month, where people can come and see the reaction
take place and discuss the uses and limits of this technology.
- "Training" Other Students: Students in Engineering and Industrial
Technology may fulfill a class project by working with you to make
biodiesel. The goal of their project
would be to learn how to make biodiesel and to work with you in leading one of
the monthly workshops.
- General Cleanliness:
The biodiesel technicians are responsible for the cleanliness of the
biodiesel area. Aside from general
tidiness, this includes the proper disposal of waste materials and neat storage
of raw materials.
General CCAT duties for all employees
- Attend regular employee and branch meetings
- Assist in tabling and outreach efforts
- Assist in the preparation of volunteer and employee meals a few times a semester
- Assist other employees, volunteers, and Co-Directors as necessary
- Must be an HSU student during your employment
Schedule and Pay
- ???????????? hours / week
- $8.75 / hour
- Flexible scheduling, to be coordinated with Co-Directors and your branch
Please visit the application page at: