CCAT hires 3 work-study assistants, one for each branch. Applicants must be eligible for federal work-study
The three branches of CCAT are:
- Physical Site - Builds and maintains Appropriate Tech projects, gardens and grounds.
- External Branch - Designs and publicizes events, workshops, and fundraisers. Also publishes CCAT newsletter.
- Internal Branch - Maintains the CCAT budget and check requests; designs and maintains the website, library, the monthly Ask CCAT column; undertakes new research projects; maintains physical office space and online assets; assists other branches as time permits.
As a Branch Assistant, you will assist other branch members and CCAT employees with their current projects.
This is a very diverse position and your duties will likely change from week to week, month to month. It's a great way to get to know CCAT's breadth, either for employment in other positions or if you're considering a future co-directorship.
- Assist your particular branch with whatever projects they're working on.
General CCAT duties for all employees
- Attend regular employee and branch meetings
- Assist in tabling and outreach efforts
- Assist in the preparation of volunteer and employee meals a few times a semester
- Assist other employees, volunteers, and Co-Directors as necessary
- Must be an HSU student during your employment
- Must be eligible for federal work-study during your employment
Schedule and Pay
- 6-8 hours / week
- $8.75 / hour
- Flexible scheduling, to be coordinated with Co-Directors and your branch
Please visit the application page at: