The Fundraiser seeks out secondary funding sources for CCAT's major events and projects. Though most of our regular, recurring events are funded by the Associated Students, on occasion we put on bigger events once or twice a semester that we need additional funding and/or raffle prizes for. Throughout the year, we may also have bigger appropriate technology projects that we need sponsorship to complete. The Fundraiser ensures that these events and projects can proceed with the financial backing they need.
- Organize and manage fundraising events such as CCAT's Caps & Gowns Fair
- Ask local businesses for event donations both in person and through donation request letters. Examples include gift certificates, food, monetary support, etc. for May Day, Harvest Celebration, and other events.
- Apply for funding from institutional sources such as the Humboldt Energy Independence Fund and other university/community funds
- Draft donor correspondence and outreach (thank you letters, invitations, etc.)
- Keep updated records of all past/current donors, sources of funding, important people to be included in events, etc.
- Work with the Education Coordinator to develop and handle budgets for events
General CCAT duties for all employees
- Attend regular employee and branch meetings
- Assist in tabling and outreach efforts
- Assist in the preparation of volunteer and employee meals a few times a semester
- Assist other employees, volunteers, and Co-Directors as necessary
- Must be an HSU student during your employment
- Must be comfortable with approaching donors to request donations
- Good oral, written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience writing funding requests, grants, and/or event budgets
- Experience with planning fundraising events
- Examples of approved and received funds from a proposal you wrote are a plus
Schedule and Pay
- 6 hours / week
- $10 / hour $1,680/year
- Flexible scheduling, to be coordinated with Co-Directors and your branch
Please visit the application page at: